Job Description –Personnel Security Assistant
Job Title: Personnel Security Assistant
Location: Fort Meade, MD US (Primary)
Category: Regular, Full-Time
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Position Objective: Provide personnel security administrative support in an office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Government in creating, maintaining, and reviewing records tracking all eligible U.S. citizens utilizing JPAS, CATS, e-Qip, DCII and DEID.
- Develop, establish, update, and maintain office procedures and records/files (classified and unclassified) to ensure effective and efficient operation of the office.
- Develop and prepare a variety of correspondence and other documentation, including but not limited to letters, position papers, reports, staff studies, staff summary packages, briefings, charts, and bullet background papers.
- Receive, sort, date stamp and file incoming case documentation to be processed for adjudication.
- Record daily statistics regarding all incoming case documentation (e.g. agency and type).
- Order and pull files requested by adjudicators, Branch/Team Chiefs, or other agency staff.
- Provide general administrative support to Branch/Team Chiefs regarding assignment and tracking of work.
- Collect, scan, and upload incoming adjudicative documentation into National Security Databases (NSD).
- Correct Social Security Numbers (SSN) in National Databases. Upon receipt of Reciprocity requests, query available databases, contact user agencies for clearance verification, and scan / upload confirmations into appropriate National Security Databases (NSD) for processing.
- Research and review suspense files for pending actions by adjudicators. The contractor shall review overdue suspense files in National Security Databases (NSD) for status and provide findings to designated DoD CAF personnel.
- Provide customer service to Investigative Service Provider (ISP) requests pertaining to a subject’s status in JPAS, CATS & DISS.
- Read and analyze reports for adjudication to determine whether scope of investigation meets specific investigative standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- High School Diploma
- One year of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS)
- Working knowledge of Case Adjudication Tracking System (CATS),
- Working knowledge of Electronic Questionnaire for Investigations Processing (e-QIP)
- Working knowledge of Defense Central Index of Investigations (DCII)
- Working knowledge of Defense Employee Interactive Data System (DEIDS),
- Working knowledge of Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Suitability/Security Investigations Index (SII), and Personnel Investigations Processing System (PIPS) personnel security applications/systems
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, Word
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
Inquiries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Personnel Security Assistant Compensation:
Hourly Wage: $20.18
10 Paid Federal Holidays
80 Hours of Paid-Time-Off (accrued)
401k Plan (w/ matching after one full year’s employment)
Medical / Dental / Vision benefits
Short Term/Long Term Disability Insurance